Xiaomi is long overdue test an app drawer which is part of the MIUI default launcher. In November, an alpha version of the MIUI launcher was released, which introduced the long-awaited functionality into the system. However, the update was limited to devices running the MIUI 11 China ROM. The company was clearly in no rush to include this feature in the latest MIUI 11 update for global users. However, this happened the day before yesterday. The apps drawer hasn't been officially announced yet, but you can get the new feature on Xiaomi and Redmi smartphones right now.
How can I get the apps drawer in MIUI 11?
- Download MIUI's latest alpha generator;
- Make sure the "Allow from this source" switch is on;
- Install the downloaded apk file on your smartphone;
- Access the home screen settings ("Settings" – "Home Screen");
- Then select "Home screen";
- There, change the arrangement of the drawers from “Normal” to “With App drawer”;
- Now swipe your finger across the home screen to use the apps drawer you've been waiting for so long on your Xiaomi device.
Users can also make changes to the application bar, such as determining which categories of applications to display, changing the background color, etc.