MIUI’s built-in dialer, loved by many Android users, is a thing of the past with older firmware versions. Xiaomi now installs the official Google phone call app on its smartphones shipped outside of China. However, not everyone is excited about these changes. That is why many MIUI users are now switching to highly customizable True Phone Dialer. Still, we have to admit that the Google dialer app is not devoid of some useful features. One of these functions is the filter for unwanted incoming calls. Is it possible to combine the advantages of both applications? It turns out you can, and today we’ll tell you how.
How to add Google spam protection in any dialer app?
- Download Activity Launcher from Google play store;
- Enter the query “Default applications” in the search bar and navigate to the authorization checker;
- In the “Caller ID and spam application” item, find the “Phone” subitem, select it.
If the anti-spam function was not activated before in the Google Phone app, then it must be activated. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Phone by Google app, find the three dots in the upper right corner and select “Settings”;
- Look for the item “Caller ID and spam” and set all switches to “On”.