When you initially set up your Xiaomi phone, the Facemoji keyboard is automatically installed and becomes the default keyboard. Some phone owners don’t understand what’s going on and how to flip a normal keyboard that’s not overloaded with emoji and smileys?
Facemoji application can be deleted like any other – via the system menu
How to remove the Facemoji keyboard on MIUI 11?
First, you need to select another virtual keyboard as standard input method (for example, Gboard).
- Go to “Settings” -> “Additional settings” -> “Languages and input”;
- Find the item “Current keyboard” and select a new input method instead of the Facemoji keyboard;
- Return to “Settings” -> “Applications” -> “Manage applications”;
- In the search area, find the Facemoji keyboard;
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see a trash can icon, tap on it and the app will be removed from your Xiaomi.
Note: if the Delete button is inactive, first try changing the region in the phone settings. It would help. The procedure to follow was detailed in the following article.