If you have an Android device, you may find yourself in a situation where there are multiple Google accounts attached to it. You can have a Google account for work, your personal account, and maybe even one for your kids. If you end up with a large bunch of Google Accounts on your Android device, it’s natural to want to delete some every now and then to keep things clean. Not only that, you’ll want to limit the number of accounts on your Android device so that you don’t have additional energy drains against you.
Fortunately, it is very easy to delete Google accounts from Android devices. In this guide, we’ll go through the step-by-step process to do this.
How to delete a Google account on Android
- On your Android phone, open Settings.
- Scroll to Accounts. Tap on it.
- Click on the Google account you want to delete.
- Faucet Delete account. Confirm again when prompted.
- On some phones you will need to select ‘Google‘ under the ‘Users and accounts‘in Settings, then select and delete the account.
If this is the only Google account on the phone, you will need to enter your phone’s pattern, PIN, or password to allow deletion, after which your phone’s security features will no longer work. Deleting an account will remove data associated with it from the phone, including contacts, emails, and settings.
Remove Google Account from someone else’s phone or computer
If your Google Account is signed in to someone else’s phone, or if you forgot to sign out of a public computer, don’t worry, you can follow the steps below to remove it remotely from everyone else. device. When you’ve signed into your Google Account on someone else’s device, it’s important to delete it again when you’re done. Indeed, not only will this other person have access to your searches, but also to your passwords, photos, spreadsheets, etc.
- Open your browser and head to https://myaccount.google.com/device-activity.
- Sign in with your Google account if you haven’t already.
- Here you will see the list of devices on which you are logged in with your account.
- Tap the three dots on a particular device and click Logout.
How to completely delete your account
It’s important to remember that deleting an account is not the same as deleting it. Deleting it will simply delete the associated data from your phone including emails, contacts, etc. On the other hand, deleting the account will permanently delete the account, including photos, emails, contacts, etc. All your information and data will be gone, so only select this option if you want to completely erase your Google account.
- Open the browser and navigate to myaccount.google.com.
- Click on Data and personalization To the left.
- Scroll down to “Download, delete or create a plan for your data. “
- Here click on om Delete a service or your account.
- Then press Delete your account.
That’s all we can say about it. Use these methods to remove your Google account from Android devices in just a few simple steps.