WhatsApp, the well known name in the social media technology world, is the most loved and used social media in the whole world. It is simple and easy to use for all the users, people love to share their memories on WhatsApp in the form of pictures and videos.
In this article we will guide you about how to send big and large files on WhatsApp, because people many times find trouble in send larger files on WhatsApp, though WhatsApp has increased the files limit from 100MBs to 2GB last year.
How to Send Large Files on WhatsApp
2GBs limit can also not be enough for some users. Here we have different ways to send larger files on WhatsApp.
How to Send Files Up to 2GB on WhatsApp
Here is the way described to send files under 2GB on WhatsApp, follow the given steps to do so:
- Open WhatsApp on your device and open the chat in which you want to share the file.
- Click the Attachment Pin icon.
- From the pop-up menu, click the Document option.
- Then, browse and select the file that you want to send.
- That’s it, now simply send the file.
Use of Google Drive
Google Drive is the most reliable option for you if you want to send big and large files over WhatsApp, follow the given steps to do so:
- On your mobile phone, open the Google Drive app.
- On the home screen click the plus+ icon, and then select the folder or file type to upload.
- After uploading the file, beside that file click the three-dotted menu.
- Then, go to the option Share.
- Now, click Manage Access and then tap the option Change.
- Click Restricted, now change the access to Anyone with the link.
- To copy the link of the file click the Pin icon.
- Finally share the file on WhatsApp.
WeTransfer could also be of great help to send large files, with its free version you may send files up to 2GB and pro version allows you to send 20GB files. Here is how to use this tool:
- On a web browser, go to the WeTransfer website.
- Now, click Upload Files, then select the files that you want to share.
- Scroll down, to get the shareable link choose the Get Transfer Link.
- To start the uploading process, click the Get a Link button.
- After uploading the files, tap Copy Link.
- To share the link with your contacts, paste the copied link to the WhatsApp chat.
That’s it, now your contact can open and download the link with the help of WeTransfer website.
Q: How much larger files can be sent on WhatsApp?
Ans: With an update in 2022, WhatsApp now allows you to share 2GB files, WhatsApp has increased this limit from 100MB to 2GB.
Q: Can I send any file type using WhatsApp?
Ans: Yes, you can share any file type using WhatsApp, whether it may be a video, picture or sound, for files other than media files go to Documents icon and select your file type from the given options under documents.
So, this was a simple and easy guide for you people to guide you about how to send bigger and lager file on WhatsApp, and make this social media more beneficial for you.
For more tech updates and how to guides, stay with us.