Internet Explorer has been serving for technology to work and keep devices up to dated faster. However, you may want to use some other browser on your device keeping the Internet Explorer in or not in your device.
|Photo from Pixabay
In this article we are going to discuss about different methods about how to disable Internet Explorer in your device.
How to Disable Internet Explorer on your Device
The given read will guide you with the methods to disable Internet Explorer on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP. Following these methods will not remove Internet Explorer, rather IE will be disabled. But it will continue to help your computer for internal processing.
Steps to Disable Internet Explorer in Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista
Follow the given steps:
- On your Screen, open the Start menu and go to Settings by selecting the gear icon (for Windows 10).
- Open Control Panel for other versions of Windows.
- In Windows 10 select App, and in other versions select Programs.
- Now, on the left select Apps & features, and then on the right select Programs and Features option.
- In Control Panel, select Programs and Features.
- Select the option Turn Windows features on or off, from the left pane.
- Now, clear the check box for Internet Explorer 11.
- Now, confirm to disable Internet Explorer in the warning dialog box.
- Then, in the Windows Features screen select OK.
- Now, select the Restart Now option when prompted.
- Or you can manually restart your device.
That’s it, when the computer will reboot, Internet Explorer will be disabled.
Steps to Disable Internet Explorer in Windows XP
Follow the given instructions to disable Internet Explorer in Windows XP:
- Go to Start or Settings and then select Control Panel, (according to the Windows set up on your computer).
- Now, choose the Add or Remove Programs option.
- Next, select Set Programs Access and Defaults.
- Now, go with the Custom option.
- Now, in the Choose a default Web browser section, clear the check box for Enable access to this program.
- Finally, select OK.
And that’s it, you have done it successfully.
Q: How can I disable IE explorer on my computer?
Ans: You can follow the above guide to disable Internet Explorer according to the model of your computer.
Q: Which Browsers can be used instead of Internet Explorer?
Ans: You can use Chrome and Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.
So, this was a superb guide to help you to find about how to disable Internet Explorer on your device in simple and easy methods.
For more tech updates and how to guides, stay with us.