Two weeks ago the second beta of Android 11 arrived on Pixel devices, but as expected that version was not perfect. As it is a development version, we find some errors that Google now solves.
Google It is releasing another intermediate update that was not announced in the release calendar for the next update to its mobile operating system. Is about Android 11 Beta 2.5, a version that is limited to correcting errors detected in the last two weeks and that arrives a few days before the launch of Android 11 Beta 3.
Android 11 Beta 2.5, fixes
The upgrade to Android 11 Beta 2.5 is already coming via OTA to Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Pixel 3a and Pixel 4. From Settings> System> Advanced> System update you can force update. It is the Android R version (RPB2.200611.012) and occupies just over 5 MB.
The fixes of Android 11 Beta 2.5 that we found are the following:
- Fixed issues that prevented a user from listening to or recording audio in applications after making a VoIP call.
- The notification drawer no longer sometimes stops appearing when a user swipes down from the top of the screen.
- The screen no longer flickers on some devices when the screen is set to a low brightness level.
- Fixed several issues that could cause devices to reboot intermittently.
- The navigation bar no longer appears in cases where it would not normally display, such as during a device restart.
- Some Pixel 4 / XL devices that have performed more than one Android 11 update are no longer prevented from receiving an OTA back to Android 10.
- Video recording is no longer interrupted sometimes when using the Camera app.
- The Phone app no longer sometimes uses the speaker as the default audio device.
- In the Messages app, the RCS chat features are no longer sometimes stuck in the Connecting state.
More information | Google